Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2007

bus experience

yesterday, wednesday, sept 19th, on my way to the red cross, i was waiting for the bus...soon, an old man came along with a big bag of soft drink cans... he fished in the trash can for some more cans. then came n sat down next to me ...all the while talking in Spanish...i looked at him, in bewilderment, and told him, "I am sorry. I dont understand Spanish".

He ( in Spanish accent English) :- , You don't know Spanish? Why? You didnt learn it in school?

I :- No.
He :- Why? you do not like spanish language?
I- No, its just that i learnt another language, not spanish.

He then sat down for a couple of minutes, then got up and left with his bag of soft drink cans.

On a previous occasion, i was already on the bus riding to my next stop, and this big tall guy came up to stand near the front of the bus, where i was sitting, posibly in order to get down. Suddenly he turned to me, and asked, Do u know where to get henna, to make tattoos?

Sprung on me like that, it took me two seconds to fully understand what he meant...I said, Its available in powder form, in any Indian Store.

He :- "Do u know how to apply it"?

I :- "Yes. henna is available in either plastic cones, or in powder form in packets. If you buy the cone, u dont need to do anything. Just make the tattoo,and leave it to dry, then rinse it off with cold water. If you buy the powder, soak it in water overnight, then fill in plastic cone, n apply. put a mixture of lemon juice n sugar to make it darker".

He :- "how long does it stay"?.
I :- "Stays for a couple of months, more or less. If you use soap frequently, then it starts fading quickly.

He:- "Thank you. I do a lot of tattooing, and my cousin wanted me to do a henna tattoo for him. Thats is why i asked you where to get the henna. I am glad that you helped me out. "

I :- "No problem".

The bus stopped, and he got off.

I had these very curious experiences on my travels via bus in phoenix.
Any one who has had similar curious experiences???//

No comments: