Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cousins and Kudos

Here, I would like to mention my cousin Bharathi, who is at presnt in Delaware, on an on site assignment. Both of us haven't interacted much in childhood, with me having grown up in Delhi,
and she being in Madras(Chennai). The only contact was in the summer vacation, when we used to come to chennai/pudukkottai to visit all our family members for a month.

Though she knew I wrote poems,and had won prizes in school for my creative writing, she had never actually seen any of my writing. The other source who told her I wrote was my sister Gayathri, whom I helped with her English school work, and assignments. ...dictating formal letters to her on the way to school/college, editing her articles, writing opening speeches for her college functions etc..

Hence it came as a pleasant surprise to me when , talking to Bharathi the other day, she told me she had read my blog,and liked what I wrote, and my writing style. She said, "You write as if you are talking to the other person..as if the person was right in front of you, not some reader in some remote place..., .its not as formal as a report or anything...I can really visualise what you are writng."....

Not to mention, I am really happy......It feels nice to know there's one other person interested in reading what you write, what you share via your medium of expression.

Bharathi, I hope you read this too..otherwise it would defeat the whole purpose of this post!!!!

No comments: