Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lego's memories!!!

BOOhoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I MISS LEGO!!!

TODAY I got a couple of replies from friends who had seen the album I had sent out. This made me want to see the pictures again.

And I did!!!! And I miss her now!!!!!!!!!

The amazing fact is how she grew on me in just 10 days that she was with us.
Whenever I came out after a bath, I used to find Frisky on one side, Lego on the other. ...One would wag his little tail, the other would meow. One would run in front of me, the other would come and rub her body against my legs, telling me she wants to be cuddled.

Of course, this was after we decided to let her inside the house. The first 2 days she was on the patio chair outside, because we didn;t know if she was a stray,and what diseases she had on her. So we let her be.

Even then, the minute she saw me going out/ or coming in, she would look up, meow,and then immediately jump out of the patio chair, to stand next to me, while I opened the door. She wanted to be let in. Her meowing also had a strange insistence to it, as if she was saying, " why don't you understand me?"

If that wasn't sweet enough, (exasperating at that time to me), the minute she came inside, she would go straight for the showcase, to sit on the lowermost shelf, or make a bee line for the bathroom, to drink water from the tap. At these moments, it was very difficult to keep Frisky away from her. He would whine, growl,and generally let the cat know she was an intruder in his space. One day, it was windy and chiily outside, so I decided to let Lego in,and did the mistake of trying to vacuum the house.

That was a Herculean effort, to say the least. I had the job of making sure both of them didn't go for each other's throats while I vacuumed, because I wouldn't hear anything. I had to continuously switch off the vacuum, and go and see if Frisky was away from Lego. To separate them, we had put a divider in the small passage way we have b/w the two bedrooms. One was Lego's area, the other Frisky's.

I was hoping Frisky wouldn't think of jumping the barrier. In fact, it was Lego, who continuously came out, jumping over the barrier, coming to sit on the lowermost shelf. I had to put her back to her side thrice.

Frisky is terrified of the sound of any motor,and running away from the source is his first instinct. With the divider separating the rooms, Frisky didnt have much place to run and hide from the sound of the vacuum cleaner.

And so, when I had finally switched off the "monster",and taken it away, Frisky ventured out, shaking, and Lego was MIA. Lego had been so terrified herself, that she chose to hide under the bed, in the deepest corner possible.


Some other cute things she did, once she began trusting us.

The minute I touched her forehead, she would purr, come out of her bed,and lie down beside me, to be cuddled. She would stretch all her 3 legs out in contentment,as I scratched her back, her ears, and talked to her. (Oh yes, however funny you may think it is, I have had conversations with her in the kitchen.)
My husband as my witness, she understood me!!!!

However, she was a mature cat, and she would watch from her bed, as Frisky ate her food.( yes, the stupid pup we have, would prefer to eat her food, from her bowl, rather than his own food. And she compensated, by nibbling on his food, when she came out. ) So we tried putting Frisky's food in Lego's bowl, in her place,and behold, Frisky gobbled it down. Look what a little bit of competition can do, huh?????

I can go on some more about the little little things I found so endearing about Lego. However, I shall stop here, and hope that some day, I get a chance to cuddle another sweet cat like Lego.

Until then, my sense and sensibility tells me one pet(and one husband to pet!!!) is(are??) enough, even if the gender equation at home is imbalanced again, after lego left. !!!!

No comments: