Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008!!

This year's Valentine's day was special.

I baked a cake for Madhu myself, on my own!!!!

Having never attempted any baking on my own before, I sought help from a neighbour of ours, who is a professional cake maker,and she agreed.

So Monday morning I went to her home, after Madhu left for work, (as this had to be done hush-hush). She told me what to do, and I did it. So after the cake was baked, a heart shaped one, she said we need to freeze it for 2 days, then we will do the decorating. So Wedneday morning, I made another trip to her place, Frisky in tow both times,and we decorated the cake, with white icing, pink and white hearts,and sprinkles.

Since she had software to make greeting cards, I made one at her place. A cat( for Madhu), that says on the front...
Happy Valentine's day
with hugs and kisses,

and on the inside,

"This card is addressed to someone I love

Do you think I will put up with all your nonsense if I didn't?"

Since this was a surprise, I didn't want Madhu to see it until the day. So Wednesday evening, I brought the cake home, and put it in the fridge. Thursday, when Madhu woke up, I first gave him the card, and while he was reading it, I brought the cake from the fridge,and we cut it together.

(photos have been taken, in our not-still-fully-conscious -state, but we will still send them out. )
Frisky expressed his love for both of us, by licking the cream off the very first piece of cake. So he is in the pictures too.

Then business as usal. Madhu to work. nithya to Red Cross.
In the evening, Madhu came to pick me up at the Red cross office, and had a couple of surprises himself.

First, was this huuuuge gift bag, with a fluffy white puppy, a heart shaped box of Ruissel Stover chocolates, and a sweet, senti, card with (yup, a doggie as motif). And turns out, he had made reservations for dinner at a restaurant called Flo's.

Needless to mention, this dinner was lovely. I have had very limited choices at restaurants, being a vegetarian, but I really liked the fare here. Whether my hunger accentuated the taste of food, I do not know, but I really enjoyed the meal,and we went home, tummy happy,and ready to sleep.

And yes, Madhu's fortune cookie read, "You and your spouse will be happy in the years to come.".

Isn't that the nicest way to end such a happy day??????

No comments: