Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2007

Madhu and Pooja

On Sunday, 12th August, Madhu and Pooja had a rendezvous.


On Sunday, I had to do the Aadi Amavasya pooja. Pooja for the well being of the husband. Got up at 5:15 a.m., went out n picked flowers, n then set abt preparing for the pooja. In the meantime, my husband, Madhu, got up, and said he would help me out by cleaning up the home. And he did. What's more? He actually took a bath, and then performed the Aarti after i finished the pooja.

Why is it so special, and worthy of mention? Sunday is "No Bath" day for Madhu, and he sincerely believes that if he took a bath on Sunday, then God would be displeased...:) :) ..So this was a big thing for him, and i truly, really appreciate it.!!!

As neiveidhyam, I had made venn pongal, sambar, and rava kesari. So, we had a nice lunch, and Madhu liked the kesari so much, that he took most of it, and i got a little for lunch, and then dinner. HE claimed ownership, and complete rights over the dish of kesari. It was like dictatorship..."Its my kesari. I decide who will get how much to eat". And I am like, Hello!! I made it. ...:) :)

But still its a nice feeling to know that ur preparations are being gobbled up, rather than rejected for not being good. So all's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW...Madhu waking up on a Sunday morning to help you with Pooja...unbelievable! :-) And hats off for the Kesarai, girl..!