Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weight and weightless-ness

Hey people,

Lets discuss about ways to reduce weight...I have put on almost 7 kgs after marriage. And my hubby is equally growing in proportions...Once he decided to go off non veg, and in 10 days, he came back with claims that he Had reduced almost 2 kgs...i was totally shocked,n didn't believe it...I mean, just by going off non veg for a period of 10 days cant make someone reduce so much...n here, i wa eating Weight Watchers cereal every morning, using just right amount of oil in veggies, and completely off butter, cheese, and ice cream for two months.combine that with one hour exercise at the gym, every morning..And i don't seem to be reducing weight at all.!!!!

The forces seem to be against me!! i am telling you, it's so weird..that ppl back home actually began to ask if we were still teh Laurel-Hardy pair( that we were when we got married), or were we both vying to be called the perfect couple????? I was told that they didn't recognise me in the recent photos we had sent...Aaaah. I mean, come on, I am not that fat to be unrecognisable.
Now my hubby decided he couldn't be away from non veg for more than two weeks, n again began on his fav food, using lotsa oil, eggs, etc, he has increased 2 kgs again. yippeee!!!!

Wait n watch the updates on the weight game.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You said it Nithya..
I too feel like a maniac wieght-watcher sometimes.. Counting calories in each bite that I intake to the check or calories I shed on my treadmill-- only to wonder why doesn't the waistline reduce...
But now parallel to my continually active gym routine.. I have started 'not giving a damn' about it.. I dont care that I will appear this fat even if I see my pics like this when I am old. So what if I think I have always been ugly. So what?? At least I can eat and enjoy the food now... Maybe thats what matters the most to me. Afterall an Indian foodie cannot be slim. Remind me of the saying, (Translated into English) "Not Everybody gets all they wish- Some miss the sky.. some miss the land"

Unknown said...

Will you believe if I said that I've added some pounds as well recently? :D I know .. I know... but the irony is that we all need that tasty food (not to forget how much we crave for rice/carbs) but still conscious about being fat/thin, etc!

I was kinda regular to the gym in CA...(Gana wouldnt agree though:p) but ever since I moved to Seattle, yet to join a gym and get started. Ice Cream & Chocolates are my weaknesses and the more I eat, the more kgs I gain... almost instantly!

But yeah, while you're trying to keep myself fit, there's nothing wrong in eating what you love once in a while. Never give up eating your fav food(s) forever just to lose some kgs... :) Live Life to the fullest!