Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Birthday

Saturday, 25th August , was my birthday. I had expected my husband to do something nice, because even if he forgets his own birthday, he is sure to remember mine. I wasn't disappointed.

I got up pretty early( i am never able to sleep late on my birthday!!!:)}did the "punar puja" for varalakshmi vritam, then had my cup of tea. In the meantime, my husband got up, I made breakfast, and it was ten by the time we had our breakfast. Around 12:30, our friends arrived, holding my birthday cake, a huge vanilla cream-chocolate mousse cake, with balloons, and happy birhtday written on it. In between conversation, Madhu pulled out the two cans of party streamers that we had bought long back. And just as i bent down to blow off my 24 birhtday candles( i was let off by a couple of years:) :) ) he sprayed me with the streamer can...And boy!!! did i blow all my candles out--- with a "huff, n puff, and blow ur house away " type long whoosh!!!!

So, after having cake, we went to eat bread!!!( to re-phrase Marie Antoinette)...i.e. we went to a tandoori restaurant, and had a lovely, hearty, filling meal, of veggie pakoras for starters, naan, vegetable biryani, malai koftas, mutter paneer, dal makhni,and channa masala. With our stomachs full, we went out to get our share of exercise....yup, u guessed it..SHOPPING!!!!!

went to a big mall, bought some shoes and home slippers for Madhu, and one pair for myself...saw a movie, and got back home by 11:00 p.m. So we had a nice, long day out...just as weekends are supposed to be.

I wish my next birthday be as swell, and memorable!!!

Thanks to all my friends who remembered me,and called, mailed, or scrapped.

No comments: