Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bits and bites

Life is always sweet and sour- a mix of both. Yesterday, having known that one of the clothing outlets here was having its Fall sale, I wanted to go. My friend Srividhya had given me a gift card for the same store for my birthday, that I had been holding on to for 2 months now.

So this seemed to be a very good opportunity. Since Frisky had come I hadn't had a chance to go out anywhere. Madhu obliged me by watching over Frisky, and by dropping me off at the mall. I had a lovely time shopping, and bought a lot of stuff.

So this is the sweet part. The sour part is that, since Madhu had to drop me off, we put Frisky into his doggie crate, which we had bought at Walmart the previous weekend. Once he got back home, Madhu discovered that Frisky had been so anxious to get out of the crate, that he had scratched the sides , and bitten a hole through the nylon-polyester fibre cover of the crate.Frisky had made a hole big enough for his head to go through. When Madhu opened the door and came to look in on Frisky's unusual silence, he found him struggling to put his whole body through the little hole.!!!!!!!!!

This six month old puppy doesn't like to be left in the crate,and this couldn't be prevailed upon us more clearly than this incident. So Madhu called me up, and apprised me of the situation. Thanks to Walmart return policy of 30 days, we were able to get the cloth one exchanged for a powder coated steel cage, with two doors,and plenty of open space to look out from. Hope to get him accustomed to this one soon.

For those of you thinking why leave him alone at all, and not carry him along, there are few places that allow pets here. Supermarkets/grocery stores have rules that forbade them from allowing any animal inside if they stock/display any food items. Even the local video store doesn't allow pets inside. That poses a problem when we have to do our weekly grocery shopping.

But we found an amicable solution too. Madhu goes into Walmart/COSTCO etc,and buys whatever he wants/ pleases him ,without me nagging or questioning. I take Frisky for a walk around the mall in this period. And I am able to do my grocery shopping in peace, without Madhu hurrying me up-while he takes Frisky for another walk. !!!!
Its a win-win situation, and Frisky enjoys it too. :) :)

No comments: