Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2007

Saraswati puja get together

Navaratri has come and gone. Though I didn't keep kolu, I had a good time. I was invited to my friends homes for taambulam, and I invited them over for the same on Saturday evening. My friends from our previous apartments also came. So in all, it was a big group of 10 adults , excluding Madhu and me, and four kids, who practically pounced on Frisky to pet him. !!!!
Poor thing, he was scared,and just lay down with his tail in b/w his legs.

Some how, it became 9:00 p.m., and we asked them to stay for dinner. Thankfully, I had dosa maavu ready on hand, and we poured one batch of idlis, and the rest dosas. (My friends had already left for garba, so it was 8 adults and two kids now. )

We had a nice time, all talking, laughing, pulling each others legs,with only one small incident, when one kid got her hand in b/w the wall and grill gate, and the other kid closed the door on her hand...ouch!!!!A quick ice pack, and a lot of hugs from her mother made her smile again. By the time everyone left, it was 10:30-11:00 p.m. Then Madhu and I took Frisky out for his nightly walk, and it was 11:30 p.m. when we came back.

In all, it was that evening when it actually felt like Navaratri to me, and I truly appreciated why Madhu had bought so many plates,and cutlery sets. Planning another get together for diwali...this time, pot luck. !!!!!

No comments: