Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread


I am disenchanted with the Amish Friendship bread. I was given the starter by a friend, and religiously followed instructions on first and second rounds. After that, I found my freezer was getting loaded with Amish bread starters, every time I baked. I gave it away to friends, neighbors, and even strangers(after advertising on craigslist(free) section). Even after all that donation, I am still stuck with 4-5 bags in the freezer. Most online discussion groups on this topic, tell you to again divide the starter, or use half the quantity of milk, flour and sugar, to feed the bag. However, none of them answer my question.
Can I use all the batter, on the 10th day, after having fed it on the 6th day, and not have to divide it anymore? which obviously means, I will have more than 2 loaves(that comes with one cup starter), but I am quite ok with more loaves. Not more starters to give away, PLEEEEEEASE HELP.




Google















No comments: