Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2009

Death of the King of Pop

I was very sad to know that Michael Jackson died yesterday. He was THE icon of music, after the Beatles, to me. Very few have come up in the world of music, like he did. Even though he was famous, he still was not happy with the way he looked, and went in for plastic surgery. However, apart from all scandals, he was still such an inspiration and had his trademark moon walk on stage, that many kids in school tried to imitate him, to be cool.

I remember listening to his songs, as my elder sister borrowed tapes from her friends, and listened to them at home. His music was what we listened to, on weekends, while cleaning our rooms etc. The beats, the rhythm, just did not make us feel tired in doing all that work. Perhaps, its an after effect of that childhood memory, that even today, I hum some song, as I go about my daily chores.

I know the media is giving a lot of attention to his demise,and other aspects, how he lived like a king, and died as a pauper, in a debt of $400 million. I just wanted to pen down my own thoughts on this.





Google















No comments: